Welcome to Curiociti ("Curiociti," "we," "us" or "our"). Curiociti is a crowd-sourced real-time citizen app that allows users to report and be informed of the incidents happening in their area such as and limited to flood, weather, traffic, accident, crime, people count, water and power interruptions. Just snap a photo, or take a video then upload it. The count will then be displayed in the CURIOCITI MAP.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a Curiociti account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Curiociti.
- User Content (e.g., photos, videos, reactions, reviews, location) that you post to the Service.
- Your location when you report an incident to help us know where the report/s were taken or incident/s happened and plot it correctly. Location information is also used to route nearby incidents and reports to you.
- Communications between you and Curiociti. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Cookies and similar technologies:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Curiociti.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with
User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and
by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that
content is formatted.
Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content
including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a
photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo),
comments or other data. This makes your User Content more
searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your
photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude
and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable
(e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is
made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In addition to some of the specific uses of information we
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- Plot incidents and reports accurately in the app.
- Route nearby reports to you.
- provide you location-based alerts like a fire, flood or accident nearby.
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Curiociti application on your device
- Curiociti or other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties
outside Curiociti (or the company of which Curiociti is a part)
without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- The public will have access to the User Content.
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Curiociti is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the Philippines or any other country in which Curiociti, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- The location information is not stored in the Curiociti servers. Curiociti doesn’t track your location and your phone’s location.
- Curiociti, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Philippine law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Curiociti cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Curiociti or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Curiociti, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Curiociti make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from notifications and email communications from us by turning off the notifications or by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- Set up permissions to include:
- Access to Camera to take photos and videos
- Microphone to capture voice and sounds during video recording
- Storage to store photos or videos taken before being uploaded to the app.
- Alerts on nearby reports, for you to receive notifications and view reports near your location
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Curiociti, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information, usage stats or no. of posts, the users you follow) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- Photos and videos uploaded in Curiociti will be available in the map and will be stored in the Curiociti server for a maximum of one (1) day after which the uploaded photos will be disposed of.
Curiociti does not knowingly collect or solicit any information
from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons
to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not
directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we
learn that we have collected personal information from a child
under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that
information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might
have any information from or about a child under 13, please
email us at
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any
websites or services linked to or from our Service, including
the information or content contained within them. Please
remember that when you use a link to go from our Service to
those third-party websites or services. Your browsing and
interaction on any third-party website or service, including
those that have a link on our website, are subject to that third
party's own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we
are not responsible and do not have control over any
third-parties that you authorize to access your User Content. If
you are using a third-party website or service and you allow
them to access your User Content you do so at your own risk.
It may be necessary for Curiociti to modify or update this
to the Service or where required by law. We will notify you
continuing to use the Service. Your continued use of Instagram
will constitute your acceptance of such modification.